Friday, January 30, 2009

Don't Lose Hope

I am going to say it straight,  the outcome for tomorrows game does not look bright at this point.  But while the schedule is not going to get any easier,  it certainly is going to simmer down a little bit.  The final stretch of 5 straight top 25 opponents comes to an end tomorrow.  And I know that we were not hoping for a 0-5 or even a 1-4 record, but it will soon will be the past.  The Irish, no matter what, are going on, going strong and going all the way to the very last game.  

Here is the rest of the schedule and my predictions-

at Pitt- L
at Cinn- W
at UCLA - W
vs Louisville- W
vs South Florida- W
at WVU- W
at Providence- W
vs Rutgers- W
at UCONN- L
vs Villanova- W
vs St. John's W

That's a 21-9 record.  Not great, but not bad in this conference.  I know this is optimistic, but I really do still think the recent addition of Nash into the line-up will have a huge effect on the performance of the team.  If the Irish do finish this strong and have a strong performance in the Big East I could see a 4, 5 or 6 seed in the tournament.  It's not over yet, and with everyone counting the Irish out right now, I still believe they still have some fight left in them.  

No comments: